Thursday, July 7, 2011

I guess when my doc said asap it doesn't really mean 2 weeks.

Well, I'm booked to start my chemo on the 14th. I will have to see him the day before for some more blood tests, and hopefully a big pep talk. He will go over some of the side effects that may happen before, during or after the first dose.

Some of the other things that came from yesterdays meeting;
During this time I was told not to be more than a 30min drive from a hospital. Mostly for infection reasons. May put a damper on some holiday plans.
My liver is about 3 inches bigger than the last CT scan in December. They say that it's somewhat normal cause of my disease and it's all connected to the lymphatic system like my spleen. The chemo should help. My lymph nodes haven't changed much. That's good news. Once it hits them, it can spread really fast.

Thursday will be a long day. Not knowing how I will feel on Friday, I will try to post again.

"if at first you don't succeed, . . . . don't try parachuting"

vic

No comments:

Post a Comment