Thursday, September 15, 2011

Had my usual pre-chemo appointment with my doc yesterday. They can believe how well I'm responding to the chemo. The results from my CT scan were amazing. All of my nodes that were enlarged have gotten smaller..... like way smaller. One that was 14.8 cm is now 5.5 cm. Another that was 2.7 x 1.2 cm is now 1.1 x 0.9 cm. Too many to list but great to hear. My liver is now 21.2 cm compared to 28 cm on my previous scan. They still consider it enlarged but it's progressing well.
All my blood levels are getting better as well. Finally broke 100 again with my hemoglobin. Currently at 108. Hasn't been this high since April of this year. So the chemo is doing the trick.

Now, the only down side to all this good news is that I will continue to do the full 8 cycles of chemo with #4 tomorrow. All the studies and cases suggest that finishing the treatment cycle will enhance the long term success of the cancer staying in remission. Also since I'm doing so well with it, that I should continue, and by the end of the 8th cycle I should have a full head of hair....yippie!!!!

till tomorrow with #4
vic

No comments:

Post a Comment